Hello Landfall Residents,
The COA has been contacted by the United States Census Bureau to inform everyone that they have begun the follow-up portion of the 2020 Census. The purpose of this work is to make contact with homeowners that did not fill out and return the 2020 Census.
Beginning Friday, August 21st, and continuing through Wednesday, September 30th, members of the U.S. Census Bureau will be in Landfall completing this work. While the COA is working closely with the Census Bureau, it will still be necessary for the Census Bureau employees to drive through the property and attempt to make contact with the homeowner to verify their Census information.
The census workers will have face masks on and are following all Social Distancing guidelines. They will have about 10 minutes worth of questions and will not ask to enter your home. If no one is home at the time, the census worker will leave a notice of visit that they were there, and they may return at a later date. The U.S. Constitution mandates the 2020 Census, so our cooperation is vital to help ensure accuracy.
Before this work begins, we wanted to take some time and inform the community of some ways to verify a Census Bureau employee:
- The field representative will present an I.D. badge that includes:
- Their name
- Their photograph
- A Department of Commerce stamp
- An expiration date
- A field representative will be carrying an official bag with the Census Bureau logo or a laptop for conducting the survey.
- Field representatives conduct their work between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm.
- Upon request, the field representative will provide you with their supervisor’s contact information and/or the phone number for the Census Bureau Regional Office. The Regional Office supervises the activities of all field representatives.
Please note that if at any time you see someone or something that you feel is suspicious to please report it to Security at 910-256-5311.