LANDFALL COMMUNITY NEWS
Water Restrictions to Include Landfall Community
October 18, 2016
The below is excerpted from the Cape Fear Public Utility Authority website: http://www.cfpua.org/1
HIGHEST LEVEL OF MANDATORY WATER RESTRICTIONS REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR ALL CFPUA CUSTOMERS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Major waterline break resulting in reduction in supply; WATER QUALITY IS NOT AFFECTED AT THIS TIME; Enforcement actions to begin today. All CFPUA customers are required to IMMEDIATELY reduce their water usage. CFPUA will begin working with local law enforcement to make sure customers are complying with the restrictions.
The mandatory restrictions (excluding well water usage) cover the following uses and are subject to a fine schedule:
- All irrigation system use;
- All hose and sprinkler use;
- Hand-held hoses;
- Power washers;
- Drip irrigation;
- New lawn/landscape establishment permits are no longer issued;
- Residential vehicle washing is prohibited;
- All other non-essential use, leaks, or witnessed water waste.
Indoor restrictions are as follows:
- One-third cut in indoor usage is the target. Use water only as necessary. Instead of baths, take showers. Make those showers short in length.
- Do not waste water. Turn it off when it is not directly in use, like while brushing teeth, washing hands, and washing dishes.
- Dishwashers and washing machines should only be used when loads are full.
- If possible, limit flushing of toilets.
For more information and updates visit http://www.cfpua.org/1 . CFPUA customers will be notified when the restrictions are lifted using all of these tools.