For Landfall Residents Facts
August 14, 2017
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Following the announcement of the development “The Avenue” from the Carroll Companies a group of mainly Landfall residents, formed a committee known as Landfall FACTs (Fast Action to Capture Truisms) whose main goal is to provide factual information to Landfall residents about the new developments, coming, that will impact Military Cutoff, Eastwood Road, and Landfall. Members of this committee include Barry Lindholm, Sandy Slocum, Steve Hughes, Don Britt, Katherine McKenzie, Mike Williams and Jen Morgan.
Our job will be to deliver the FACTs about newly proposed construction projects without judgment.
What we know:
- The Avenue is a 10-year project of over 60 acres that will be located to the right of the Arboretum Gate on Military Cut Off and is adjacent to the Kenan Chapel tract. The developer proposes to build a master-planned mixed use development.
- The impact of traffic from this project, its residents and businesses will cause a traffic load of almost TWICE the maximum design capacity of Military Cut Off.
- The Avenue is requesting that 5 of its buildings be constructed up to 75’ in height, approximately 6 stories. This will require a special use permit, as the current height limitation is 45’.
Every week or two you will be receiving a FACTs Sheet regarding these issues. Please read them, as they are important. AND mark your calendars for the following dates:
- August 21st – The North Carolina Department of Transportation is holding a meeting on proposed traffic improvements at Military Cut Off and Eastwood Roads on Monday, August 21st from 4:00 to 7:00 pm at the Northeast Regional Library, 1241 Military Cut Off Rd.
- November 1st – The City of Wilmington Planning Commission on Wednesday, November 1st at 6:00 pm in the City Hall Chambers at 102 North 3rd Street to review the rezoning and special use request for The Avenue.
These meetings dates are important and will allow you to voice your opinions on these projects and our future. Additionally for those of you who would like more in-depth information, please click on this link http://www.landfall.org/landfall-residents-take-fast-action-to-capture-truisms-facts-about-upcoming-construction-projects-and-development/. The committee is in the process of setting up an email address dedicated solely to FACTs and you will be able to send us any questions you may have about these upcoming projects. We will do our best to answer your questions directly or through the FACTs sheet. We will notify you of other meetings as they develop.